Analytics

Monday, June 13

Put a flag on it

I feel like this should be some sort of milestone. My Google Map Maker edits #1973 & #1974 are for the entire Standish-Ericsson neighborhoods. If you glance around 38th St & Hiawatha or Raymond & University Ave where I work you'll see all sorts of new features added to Google Maps. Building outlines, parking lots, parks, all kinds of crazy things.

I've found that after the stuff I add is approved then it appears on the live Google Map about a day later, and on my Android phone in about a month.

I know I'm not perfect on every detail, and sometimes not completely consistent, but I do hope it gives more of a sense of place when folks see the map of my city. It's not just some dry run of grid streets and forgettable names, there's history here and all kinds of nooks & crannies you'd never know of flying through on I-94.

No comments:

Post a Comment